A social network like Instagram is the perfect place to show your most creative side . The perfect space for many professionals or semi-professionals to use as a portfolio or even for those who want to make a living from the content they publish on social networks. The problem is, of course, that to stand out you have to attract attention. One of the best ways to do this, in addition to making your work recognizable, is to maintain consistency and a certain style on your posting wall. For this reason, today we bring you the best tips to have the perfect feed on Instagram.
How to create an attractive feed on Instagram?
If you are a user of the type that we have mentioned, we are sure that this question has crossed your mind at some point. It is something that, when we are aimlessly browsing Instagram, when we come across a careful feed , with a striking use of colors and with a homogeneous aesthetic will attract us a lot.
So, let’s go with those tips that will help you make your own wall of publications look like those profiles that you “envy” of other creators.
Customize your bio
This may seem silly but, if you notice, the first thing someone will see when they see your feed is not going to be the photos or videos. That is, the first thing that will enter his eyes is your entire biography. Then, by dragging down, you can start to see your post, but we will take care of that in the next section.
In terms of what appears in our biography, you should work well with the information you provide in it. Our recommendations are as follows:
- Do not put a paragraph of text , nobody is going to read it. Provides short, to-the-point details that can be read at a glance.
- Add some emoji that attracts attention and, also, make the reading more fluid.
- You can use texts with fonts different from the native one of Instagram. This, without a doubt, will capture the attention of your audience because it is not usual. If you want to achieve this effect you can use apps like Fonts . Although, if you want to learn all about this, you can take a look at the video that we made for our YouTube channel and that, by the way, we leave you up here.
Edit your photos and videos
There are many users who do not bother to edit their photos or videos . Everything they publish wants to be fast, in the moment. But you, if you want to attract the attention of potential new followers and have an attractive feed, you should follow these tips:
- In case you want to publish a photo, shoot in the RAW format . It is a way of taking pictures, which you can find in the “professional” section that many phones have in their native photo app, which gives you many more possibilities when editing.
- And, precisely, the additional advice after this first one is that with this format you go through editing programs such as, for example, Lighroom Mobile. This will allow you to be able to correct certain errors in the photographs or make certain similar adjustments in everything you publish.
If that Lighroom sounds like Chinese to you, we recommend that you take a look at our video in which we discuss the 5 best apps to edit photos from your mobile . We leave it a little higher.
Keep the aesthetic
Alto that is also very important in our opinion is that your feed maintains an aesthetic. We are not talking about always taking exactly the same photos or videos or that the colors are 100% identical, we are talking about having a certain consistency. Something that will help you with several things that, to grow on Instagram, we think are important:
- Your content will be recognizable .
- The feed will be more attractive .
- Although at the beginning it is difficult to maintain the same aesthetic, in the long run, it will be more comfortable for you to be able to develop new content.
If you want your feed to look as aesthetic as possible, with a certain consistency in each publication, the fundamental aspect that you should pay attention to is color . If you master the editing section, you will already know how to do this. But, if you don’t have much idea, in the editing apps that we mentioned a moment ago you could always use the same filter or, at least, those that offer a similar aesthetic.
Plan your posts
Last but not least, one of the details where most users fail is planning . Taking into account the order in which you are going to make certain publications, especially if you want to maintain an aesthetic or not repeat captures of the same session, is key to having the perfect feed.
You can do this by eye, taking a good look at what you are going to publish and when, or by using apps to plan your wall. The operation of these is the same in all:
- You log in through them to your Instagram account.
- Depending on which one you use, in some of its sections they will have a functionality to upload content to it without it appearing (yet) on your profile. Use it.
- Now you can “upload” several photos at the same time in them and, as if they looked normally in your feed, see how they would look in conjunction with your wall. This way you can organize the order in which you post them later to achieve that desired aesthetic.
Some of these apps that allow you to manage the order of your feed are: Unum or Mosaico , available for Android and iOS.
Bonus: get inspired by other creators
As a last tip to have an incredible Instagram feed, we want to make you an extra recommendation that, above all, is designed for those who are starting. And it is that, although copying is not right, being inspired by the work of other creators that you like is something that we recommend to everyone.
Although we have already dedicated a complete article to Instagram profiles that are a true inspiration for creativity, here are some of the creators that we like the most: