There are many important calls that we can make through FaceTime either with a close family member or a business meeting. Sometimes it is so important that we seek to have a recording of this to be able to remember it in the future. In this article we discuss how you can conveniently record with your Mac.
Preliminary considerations when making a FaceTime recording
It should be made quite clear that when we are going to make a recording of a call through FaceTiime, we must always ask for the appropriate permission . It is not legal to make a recording on a compromised call and then use it as evidence before a trial or as a verbal agreement. The legislation currently details that the other person must always be informed that we are going to make a recording of the conversation, and this authorization must also be recorded with the rest of the call. Once we have this authorization we can continue with the recording of the voice or even the images if we are in a video conference with another person.
Record FaceTime calls from iPhone or iPad
In the case of doing a FaceTime from an iOS or iPadOS device, you have surely thought that it is possible to do it through the screen recording function . But it is not so, since with this iOS feature we can only record the image that appears on our screen but not the sound of the call. To do this we must resort to a Mac and the QuickTime application.
Record the audio of the FaceTime call from iPhone or iPad
In the event that we want to make an exclusive audio recording of the call, simply follow these steps:
- Connect the iPad or iPhone to the Mac using the charging cable.
- Open the QuickTime application through the Finder.
- At the top go to ‘File’> New audio recording.
- Next to the record button we find an arrow pointing down.
- Clicking on this will display various microphone recording options where we see the input of our iPhone. Pressing this will select the audio input of the iPhone that we are using to make the call.
- We will press the record button so that the entire FaceTime call is recorded on our Mac.
Record the video call on iPhone or iPad
With these previous steps, we will be able to record only the sound of the call but not the image. In order to record the image of the different cameras participating in the call, we simply have to follow the following steps.
- Open QuickTime.
- In the upper left, click File> New video recording.
- In the recording options, next to the record button, we will choose our iPhone in the camera section and our iPhone in the microphone section.
- We will start recording by clicking on the characteristic red button.
At this time, in addition to recording the audio, the iPhone screen will also be recorded, something useful in the event that we make a FaceTime video.
Once we have finished the recording, which can always be stopped by pressing the ‘escape’ button, it will be saved automatically with the man ‘Screen recording date and time.mov’. This file we can always edit it to our liking or store it in the cloud to always have it on hand in case we need it.