After a long time sighing for them, by fi ten 2020 the first 100% Xiaomi smartwatches went on sale. In recent days, different updates have reached wearables that add new functions, but even today there are many users who do not know how to update the Mi Watch or the Mi Watch Lite .
And it is normal. Xiaomi has quite an evident chaos with its wearable devices and, above all, with its control apps. On the one hand we have the Mi Fit app, in charge of managing everything we do with any version of Mi Band. However, if what we want is to configure an Amazfit watch, we will have to use the Zeep app.
The app to update your Mi Watch
Xiaomi Wear is the app that we will have to use to update Xiaomi watches , but the version is different depending on the platform we are working on.
Use Xiaomi Wear on Android
To control and update the clock on Android, we will have to download the Xiaomi Wear app from the Google Play store, which is compatible with Android 4.4 or higher. You can download it from the following link.
Use Xiaomi Wear Lite on iOS
In the case of the iPhone, we must work with the “Lite” version of the app, which is compatible with iOS 10 or later. You can download it for free from this link.
How is it updated?
Obviously the first thing you should do is have the clock synchronized with the mobile via Bluetooth. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Enable the Bluetooth function on your phone and on the Xiaomi Mi Watch
- Open the Xiaomi Wear or Xiaomi Wear Lite app and log in with your Xiaomi credentials
- On the main screen, select “Add device” by clicking on the “+” icon and choose the model of your watch (Mi Watch or Mi Watch Lite)
- Bring the mobile closer to the clock and press “Agree” on the Mi Watch screen.
- On the mobile screen, accept the synchronization by clicking on “Done”
Any Xiaomi Mi Watch model carries out its firmware update via OTA, but that does not mean that you do not have to do a couple of things to apply it to the watch.
Since the watch is linked with the Xiaomi Wear app, it is able to use the mobile’s Wi-Fi to locate updates:
- Swipe down on the watch and then swipe left continuously until you find the “more settings” menu.
- Swipe up and click “check for update.”
- After a short search, we will be told if there is a new version, click on the “V” symbol to update the Mi Watch.
Keep in mind that for this to work you must have the Xiaomi Wear app updated to the latest version, as it is in charge of receiving the new functions and sending them to the watch. You can check that you have the app updated from Play Store> My applications and games, or from the information menu of the app itself.