Among the most used file formats on our computer we find PDFs. In order to view, edit and organize these types of files, it is necessary to have an appropriate tool. Undoubtedly, the best known by all is Adobe Acrobat, although in the market we can find such interesting alternatives as Foxit PhantomPDF which we will talk about next.
Foxit PhantomPDF is a powerful program with which we can organize, edit and export PDF files , offering a structure very similar to Acrobat, both in the menus, as bars and icons, although the Foxit program is much lighter, cheaper and simpler . In this program we will find tools as important as highlighting or retouching the text, adding notes and comments, encrypting documents, attaching multimedia files, adding forms, among other options. In addition, it has its own virtual printer and has the ability to integrate into browsers.
- Make changes to any document such as adjusting its content, margins, and layout.
- Analyze any paper document using character recognition (OCR), to convert the processed image into text.
- Export any PDF document to a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, or image file.
- It works in a complementary way both on desktop and mobile devices, offering the possibility of accessing a single document and making comments on it.
- Allows you to drag and drop pages of PDF documents. Thus, we can combine and change the order of the pages in order to create a new document.
- It has the possibility, from its editor, to optimize the documents with watermarks, headers and footers.
- Track document usage to see who accessed the file, what pages you viewed, or what actions you took.
- Protect documents by granting them access permissions.
- Supports PDF and FDF formats.
Perform all kinds of operations with your PDFs
Once we start the application, its main menu will appear, which, as we already mentioned, bears a great resemblance to Adobe Acrobat. At the top we find the classic tabbed toolbar with the options of “File”, “Home”, “Convert”, “Edit”, “Complete and sign”, “Organize”, “Comment”, “View”, “Form”, “Protect”, “Share”, “Accessibility” and “Help”.
We are going to see some of the most relevant features and functions that we can find in Foxit PhantomPDF.
On occasion, we may need to update the content of a PDF document. Instead of making the changes from Word, we can make the appropriate modifications from our own PDF. For this we have the “Edit” tab available. Here we will have several options, either to edit text or edit an object such as an image. If we click on edit text we can add and delete any text content to our liking.
Scan and OCR PDF
A very popular working process is the ability to create PDFs from a scanned document . This is something that can serve us both for electronic files and to modify a document when we only have the hard copy. For this we have the “Digitize” button in the Home tab. From here we can scan the document and convert it into a PDF file.
It may be that, on more than one occasion, we need to share information from our PDF files with documents or other file formats, so it may be important to be able to export and share content in PDF. In order to export PDF files to other formats we can do it from the “Convert” tab. where we will find a large number of options to export. From here we can export PDFs from files, from a scanner, from the clipboard, from a web page. We can export it and convert them into files compatible with Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, among others.
There are times where we need to be able to provide feedback on a document quickly and effectively. To help us with this work we have a powerful annotation tool with which we can easily insert comments anywhere in a PDF document. To add comments or annotations to a document we must select the “Comment” tab. Within this tab we will find a series of options to provide comments on our document.
Download Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is a commercial program so we will have to pay for its license to use it. It is available for both Windows and Mac OS operating systems. If we want to test the program, we can download a free 14-day trial version from its website. Here we download a fairly large file that occupies 672 MB for a total of 1.41 GB once installed. If we want to buy the application we will have three different versions .
- Standard : It is the perfect version for individual users and groups of workers who need to create, review, edit, manage, share and protect PDF documents. Its price is 139 euros .
- Business : it is the most complete version. It includes all the tools of the Standard version, in addition to providing users with additional editing, collaboration and security capabilities, so it is aimed at workers in large organizations and companies. Its price is 179 euros .
- MAC – This version is intended for MacOS platform users who need to create, review, edit, manage, share, and protect PDF documents. Its price is 139 euros .
Foxit PhantomPDF alternatives
Foxit PhantomPDF is a complete tool for editing and organizing PDF files, but if you are not convinced we offer you a couple of alternatives.
It is without doubt the most popular PDF file viewer and editor. With it we can edit entire pages, adjust paragraphs automatically by adding text, lines and bulleted lists. We can also add, replace, move or change the size of the images on the page through the options in the Objects list. Adobe Acrobat allows you to download a free trial version for 7 days from its official website . In order to enjoy the product, it is necessary to pay for the license, which can be purchased from 30 euros per month.
We are talking about a complete and professional PDF file editor. With it, we can perform tasks such as creating PDF, editing files already created, converting PDF to other formats, among others. It is compatible with the main cloud services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive or iCloud. PDFelement has a free trial version that we can from its official website. If we want to acquire your license, it has a starting price of 79 euros.