Huawei‘s first monitor has already arrived in Spain, and with it, users can enjoy a spectacular design along with extremely interesting features. It is a very particular monitor, since what it offers could be intended for a fairly defined user profile. Still, its lines and specs are spectacular, so let’s go over them.
The best of the Huawei Mateview
- This monitor has an integral design in which the support and the monitor are perfectly integrated, achieving quite lightness in sight and obtaining a very minimalist design that will attract attention due to its elegance.
- Its 28.2-inch screen reaches almost the entire front surface (94%), leaving extremely small bezels, which is what attracts the most attention visually. We will practically have the image floating before our eyes.
- Its 4K + resolution of 3,840 x 2,560 pixels will allow us to see everything in detail, while a coverage of the DCI-P3 profile will offer a lot of color precision at a cinematic level. In addition, with the incorporation of the VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification, we will enjoy high dynamic range with 500 nits of brightness.
- Its base includes an NFC reader with which you can quickly pair your Huawei phone and bring desktop mode to your screen in a matter of seconds. Thus, you can turn your phone or tablet into a workstation just by bringing the device closer to the monitor.
- Both the speaker and the connections are perfectly integrated into the base of the monitor, and a touch bar called the Smart Bar will allow you to adjust all the monitor parameters with simple touches and slides.
- Its wireless projection function will allow you to send video content and photos without cables thanks to the Miracast protocol and the Wi-Fi connectivity it includes.
- The support of this monitor is a fantastic work of engineering, since it has a system of mechanical pulleys that allows you to adjust the height up to 110 millimeters with a single finger, at the same time that we can tilt the screen between -5 and 18 degrees.
The worst of the Huawei Mateview
- Its 3: 2 aspect ratio screen greatly limits its use if you are planning to use the monitor for games and movies. Today 16: 9 or 16:10 widescreen formats are the most widely used standards, so switching to 3: 2 can have many advantages when working with desktop applications, but none for games and movies.
- The NFC connectivity function will be limited to work with Huawei phones and tablets with EMUI 10 or higher, so it will be unusable for other phones with other operating systems.
- The minimalism of its design has reduced the integration options in custom desks, since the monitor does not have any VESA system that can be used with a monitor stand or arm.
The official price of this monitor is 649 euros , an amount that is not bad for the design and the features it offers, however, its 3: 2 format could be a problem for many users, so that will be the detail that determine the purchase of a lot. The interesting thing is that using the discount code A100MATEVIEW you can get a discount of 100 euros compared to the official price, staying at a very interesting 549 euros .