If you want to make the most of the potential of the video social network, the best way to do it is through live streaming. Thus, you will reach your users in a different way and you can even earn money with it. For this reason, we will tell you how you can do them and the main reasons why you cannot do it.
To make direct on TikTok it is necessary to meet a series of requirements , since it is not an option accessible to all users.
How to broadcast live?
If you want to do a direct, you can do it easily once you meet the requirements, all you have to do is:
- Open the app
- Go to the + symbol to record videos
- Go to the bottom of the record button, where LIVE appears
- Select the option
- write a description
- Give to broadcast live
- As time passes, the transmission will start automatically
- Then you can even save your videos if you want
If you are not able to find this option , it is probably because you do not meet the requirements, you do not follow the regulations or your emissions are not allowed, so we tell you what the main reasons are and what you should do in this case.
Reasons why TikTok Live is not going for you
There are several main reasons why you are not allowed to make live videos on the platform, so we are going to tell you about the main ones.
You don’t meet the requirements
If you cannot broadcast live on TikTok, you will have to find out if you meet the requirements for them to be transmitted without problems, so we will tell you what you must meet to be able to broadcast live on the social network:
- Your age must be greater than 16 years
- You must have a minimum of 1000 followers to access the option
- You must respect the community and have good behavior
- You must abide by the community guidelines
Although the minimum age to use the app is 13 years old, you will have to be at least 16 to use the direct ones. Also, if you want to monetize your emissions, you will have to be over 18 years old. If any of these requirements are not met or are not met, in the case of the latter, you will not be able to make live videos. The most complicated thing is to reach a thousand followers because it forces you to dedicate time to reach the goal.
What direct are not allowed?
Sometimes the problem is that there are a number of live streams that are not allowed due to platform rules, so you may not be able to stream because these:
- They reflect bullying, harassment or encourage the consumption of prohibited substances
- Show works of third parties
- You are usurping in them the identity of another person
If you still have problems
If you are having trouble streaming on TikTok and you meet the requirements, you have an option within the platform to fix any issues related to streaming videos. You can get help to broadcast on Live by following these steps:
- Go to Profile
- Go to the 3 lines in the upper right corner
- Go to Settings and privacy
- Click on Report a problem
- Choose Live
- Select the theme
- If you don’t know what it is go to Other problems related to the broadcast of a Live
- give to not
- Click on Need more help
- Write the problem briefly and concisely
- You can upload photos or videos
- Follow the steps
Once you have done so, they will respond to you as soon as possible, responding to your request and telling you how you can solve this problem.