Activision presented the announcement of Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile last week, thus adapting the popular Battle Royale of the company that has obtained such a reputation in the console versions. In this way they offer the possibility of playing at any time and place from your smartphone.
The objective of this publication is to review everything that this version for mobile devices offers, which will arrive in 2023 , although there is no exact date determined. This means that we have time ahead of us to prepare for battle, learn everything necessary and go out to dominate the battlefield.
Origin of Warzone
During these last few months, a rumor that was going around the networks pointed out that the arrival of the Battle Royale Warzone for phones is imminent and now we can confirm this fact. Given the extreme popularity of this Call of Duty game mode, it was a matter of time before the company decided to announce its landing.
Call of Duty: Warzone is another member of this genre, but the main difference compared to its competitors is the incredible gameplay that it boasts along with a well-cared map with extreme detail. Now, with its arrival on smartphones, Activision intends to create an experience to match, offering events and exclusive content.
In just 2 years since its launch, specifically on March 10, 2020, this game has managed to bring together millions of players around the world. Even Snoop Dogg himself has his own skin because he is a very big fan of the title. This and many other factors have ended up causing its deployment on mobile phones.
Features of Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile
They have already confirmed a lot of things ahead of the launch of Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, so let’s review some of them. If you have been playing since its inception, continue reading, because this will interest you:
- Verdansk is back – Players who delve into Activision’s Battle Royale will have the pleasure of returning to Verdansk, the map with which this odyssey began. From the company they indicate that they have been faithful to the original , maintaining absolutely all the areas that make up the map in Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile so that the 120 players can roam freely through all of them.
- Vehicles Will Be Available – Take on your enemies in multiple arenas, be it sky or ground. Along your way you can find a plane or a car that you can control to get to a location faster, get out of the storm or devastate the battlefield.
- Same Mechanics – There are no changes to the gameplay. This means that at certain points on the map there are stations where you can spend your money to get weapon upgrades, kill streaks, revive tokens… Likewise, contracts will also be available to get more experience points and money to spend at the stations . The Gulag could not be missing, a prison where you will end up if you fall in combat, but you have the opportunity to return to war if you eliminate your rival in a 1vs1 duel.
- Long Term Views – Activision has already confirmed that the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 map will be available in the future.
Connectivity and cross play
From the company they have been clear and concise: they are going to integrate Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile along with the rest of the new deliveries. This means both mobile Battle Royale, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 will be connected to ensure the best experience through the following:
- Weapons and Operators Alike – In the smartphone installment you’ll be able to use many of the weapons that originally belonged to the new console game and the future version of Warzone.
- Simultaneous Unlock – If you are playing on your PS5 and you unlock a weapon or operator, they will appear in Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile for use from your device.
- Shared Experience – The experience you gain in any title will affect your progress in the mobile version.
- United Social Features – Your friends list and chat channel is shared for all platforms, so forget about repeatedly adding your friends.
Will the game work fine?
As a result of the demands that Warzone poses on consoles and PCs, many users have begun to doubt the performance of Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile . In Activision they affirm that there is nothing to fear and that is that the game is perfectly adapted so that smartphone players are as comfortable as possible:
- Optimization and performance : movement, aim, control, physics, animations… the company wants to offer an identical experience to that of other platforms and they have worked hard to bring us a delivery that is as faithful as possible.
- Customize Controls – Options to modify controls are much needed by gamers. Having the ability to set the button layout to your liking makes playing comfortably easier.
- Limited Time Events – This is something we already mentioned at the beginning and that is that Warzone Mobile will have events packed with exclusive content.
Rewards for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile will arrive in 2023 for free on Android and iPhone devices, but there is no specific date set for its landing. However, to prepare for launch you can sign up on the Google Play Store to enjoy exclusive rewards based on the number of pre-registered players, so please share with your friends. The gifts you can get are:
- Dark Familiar emblem and Foe’s Flame sticker : 5 million pre-registrations.
- Prince of Hell camouflage for X12 pistol : 10 million pre-registrations.
- Archfiend camouflage : 15 million pre-registrations.
- Secret Reward : 25 million pre-registrations.
Activision has not given details about this mysterious gift, but from the silhouette that appears in the promotional image, everything indicates that it could be an operator . Specifically, this would be Ghost , one of the most iconic characters in the Modern Warfare saga that reappears in this installment.