When a user messes with their device at the root level, it is possible that problems may appear. Sometimes, it may seem that the mobile has become unusable or that it is a very serious error. This is what happens to many LG users, who encounter an error message that says “Security Error” . With this failure the terminal does not start, but luckily the solution is at our fingertips.
This problem may appear after rooting or deleting the pre-installed applications on the mobile. In the first instance everything seems to work correctly, but when we turn off our LG and turn it on again, we will see the dreaded message “Security Error”, to see how the terminal subsequently turns off, making it impossible to start the system.
How to fix the problem
The solution to the error requires a factory reset, something that is valid for all LG Android models. For this, we must follow the following instructions step by step , so that in a matter of minutes we have our mobile phone as new.
- The first thing we have to do is install or update the LG USB drivers for Windows. We can do it from this link by selecting our model and downloading the necessary drivers and software
- The next step is for our mobile to enter “Download / emergency mode”. To do this, we simultaneously press the volume + and volume – buttons and connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable. The “download mode” logo will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- With this mode activated we disconnect the mobile from the PC and install the LG Mobile Suppor Tool recovery tool . Then we run the B2CAppSetup file that will install this application.
- Now we should see in the LG Mobile Support Tool application the message “waiting for connection” . At this time we must connect the mobile phone to the PC using the USB cable, and always leaving the “download mode” activated.
- Inside the application we go to Additional> Recovery from update error. Now we will have to wait for the program to do its work and install the phone’s firmware again . They are approximately 500-600 MB that will be installed on your mobile.
- Once all the process has finished, our LG will reboot with the original factory software . It is also possible to lose the root settings made previously.
On some occasions the process can stay at 4%. If this happens, it is recommended to disconnect the mobile, restart the PC and start the process again from the beginning. It is also recommended to remove the microSD card if it is inserted.