Samsung has already made a move at this 2022 CES showing its roadmap. The Koreans, as usual, have given a few brushstrokes of their products a few hours before the fair, showing in general terms the products and technologies that we will see on their Smart TVs during this new year. As a teaser , Samsung has advanced the technologies that will be present in its three main ranges of televisions . If the expectations end up being met, we can take it for granted that Samsung is going to give a lot of trouble this 2022, since there are not a few news that they have in hand.
Last 2021, Samsung wanted to stand out from its competition with its MiniLED and MicroLED technologies, specially designed to stand up to LG‘s OLED products, which, for many, were still far from Samsung’s proposals even with the negative points that the technology has. own OLED technology.
Well, this 2022, Samsung not only continues to bet on its two new technologies , but has also worked on them to reinforce them.
Micro LED improves by leaps and bounds
Starting with the jewel in the crown, the new generation MicroLED technology is going to be presented for now on screens that do not fit in any room: 89, 101 and 110 inches . Its panels will be made up of 25 million micrometric-sized LED diodes, each one emitting light and color independently , achieving specifications that we had not seen to date.
Samsung’s new MicroLED panels promise a color depth of 20 bits , a real outrage, offering a million steps in terms of contrast levels. The HDR experience , therefore, will be something that we do not know to date.
In relation to color, these new televisions are capable of representing one hundred percent of the DCI and Adobe RGB color ranges. Therefore, combining all this, we have a panel with unmatched contrast, exquisite color accuracy and HDR that promises to immerse us in an unparalleled multimedia experience. As if that were not enough, these screens hardly have a frame, the panel representing 99.99% of the surface . Of course, we will have to wait if we want to bring this technology to our living room, since the sizes of the televisions in which this technology is going to be presented are not suitable for all audiences – nor for all pockets.
In addition to all this revolutionary technology, the new Samsung proposals with MicroLED technology have three novelties :
- Art Mode : with such large, realistic and frameless televisions, the lucky ones who can get hold of one of these screens will be able to turn their living rooms into authentic art galleries, whether they are paintings or photographs made by professionals, which they will be able to view in luxury of details.
- Multidimensional Sound : the screens will have different sets of speakers at different points on the screen, thus generating a sensation of surround sound thanks to the management of Dolby Atmos.
- Multi View : these new screens will be able to be divided into 4 parts, and each take an image from a different source , such as four independent HDMI ports. Each fragment will support 4K resolution and a refresh rate of 120 Hz , which once again demonstrates the capabilities of these televisions.
Neo QLED is not far behind
Also in 2021, Samsung surprised us with miniLED technology, cheaper and more sensibly oriented to the general market . This technology was included in its QLED series televisions.
Again, Samsung seems to have done the job well, because the improvement of miniLED technology in just one year is quite significant. Its backlight unit is its strong point, which has improved its brightness level. Neo QLED 2022 screens will go from 12 to 14-bit color depth , getting up to 4 times more contrast than its predecessor.
All that new power will be really well controlled through the technology that is integrated into these new panels from the South Korean brand:
New uses of Artificial Intelligence
The AI integrated in these NEO QLED televisions will be able to read the content that we are viewing through Shape Adaptive Light technology. This function will be able to control the Quantum Mini LEDs so that the shapes are optimally represented on the screen. On the other hand, Real Depth Enhancer technology is an algorithm that promises to add a sense of realism by separating figure and background , generating a sense of depth . Of course, this last function will have to be seen in person, since no matter how much they show us in photographs or on video, we will not be able to notice the effect unless they put the television in front of us. In any case, it seems to be an interesting function as well as original and promising, something that undoubtedly requires the QLED range to stand out from its competition, which is also going to give a lot of war during this 2022 in the field of intelligence artificial.
New EyeComfort Mode
The different sensors spread across the screens will serve to inform the system of the conditions in which we are consuming content. In this way, as the ambient light changes —or we go from natural light to turning on the lights at home— the television will collect the data and offer us adequate brightness and warmth so that the brightness does not bother us. the view, as well as so that we can enjoy the experience in the most optimal way possible. In the same way. EyeComfort will take care of adjusting the shades of blue as night approaches. This will not only be good for our eyes, but it will also improve the quality of our sleep .
Sound level improvements
The QLED range will also receive multiple improvements at the sound level . Relying on artificial intelligence, these new televisions will be able to orient the sound source by tracking from the point where the action begins to where the movement expands, reproducing three-dimensional and realistic sound throughout our rooms. It is achieved through the combination of OTS Pro and Dolby Atmos technology .
Nor do they forget the Lifestyle range
This peculiar range of Samsung televisions for lovers of customization and art will also receive new features this year:
- The Frame gains new capabilities with a new matte panel and anti-glare surface, which will also be resistant to fingerprints. It will be sold in sizes between 32 and 75 inches .
- The Sero will also get a new matte panel , further improving this off-road display that was already the talk of the town last year.
- The Serif is the most unusual screen of all those sold by Samsung, and this year, it will receive a new body that will give the television an even more premium look. It will also receive the matte finish and will be offered in sizes between 43 and 65 inches .