There are times when we receive more than necessary guests at home. And, the first thing many do is ask for the WiFi key . However, if you do not want to share your usual wireless network, the truth is that we always have the possibility of configuring an option for guests. Although, we must not make mistakes, since we would not be protecting our network.
If you are from Movistar and have a Smart WiFi or Smart WiFi 6 router , you will be interested in knowing how you have to configure the guest network so that the WiFi connection you use every day does not give you any kind of problem in the future. In this way, you can control at all times who accesses the network.
Create guest WiFi network in Movistar
The good thing about having a Movistar WiFi router is that we do not need to access the classic router configuration, accessing through the 192.168.1.1 address. More than anything, because the users of the blue operator have a particular app available with which they will be able to create a guest WiFi connection in a matter of a few steps.
The app is called Movistar Smart WiFi. In addition, it is available for Android and iOS devices , so there will be no inconvenience due to the operating system of our mobile or tablet. Therefore, the first thing to do is download it from Google Play or the App Store:
Now that we have this operator app to access the Movistar router configuration, we can go directly to the steps to follow to create a WiFi guest network:
- Open the app on your device.
- Enter the ” My Network ” section and click on “My WiFi”.
- Within this section, you will see the home WiFi networks that you have and, further down, you will see an option called ” Guest WiFi Network ” with an off button.
- Click on that button to turn on the guest WiFi.
- When it has been enabled, we can change the name and password of the guest WiFi network for a simpler one such as “Guests” or the name we want. His thing is to be easy.
- Once we have finished configuring this connection, on the green button at the bottom of the screen you can share via WhatsApp or the app of your choice.
However, we not only find the possibility of configuring this network independent of the Movistar router through the Smart WiFi app. We also have two more alternatives: from the Living App app (client with UHD deco) or from the operator’s Alejandra Portal .
Tips when having guest network
There are many reasons that can lead us to create this type of extra network for people who come home to visit. Like, for example, that they do not have access to the main network that we use at home. In addition, it is more convenient to share the key of these independent networks. However, there are a number of tips to increase connection security that we must keep in mind at all times:
- Use WPA-2 or WPA-3 encryption to meet security minimums.
- Put a very strong password .
- Disconnect the guest WiFi network from the Movistar router when not in use.