There is no doubt that, today, our mobile devices have a wide variety of functions and options with which we can get more out of them. In addition, depending on the personalization layer itself , we have different functionalities that allow us to make better use of our smartphone.
We have already seen some functions in MIUI, the Xiaomi layer, but also Samsung mobiles with One UI have certain codes that open all kinds of doors for us to completely review the terminal. This is why we have compiled each of these keys that we can enter in any mobile of the Korean firm that has this software layer. And, thanks to this, we will be able to use additional functionalities on your smartphone.
What are One UI secret codes for?
These keys are known as Samsung secret codes or verification keys. Although in reality we are facing a simple alphanumeric character that can be used in the smartphones of the Korean company.
In addition, that in order to make use of these we will only have to put the correct order and use the phone app of our mobile device itself. There is no more secret, well, it will only be necessary to know what each one is for and what exactly we can enter in the terminal. Likewise, it is important that you know that these codes are unique and specific to the manufacturer.
So, if you want to enter these Samsung verification numbers on any other mobile that is from a totally different smartphone manufacturer, such as Sony, Nokia, Xiaomi, etc., it will not work. It could even be harmful. Therefore, we recommend that you do not use these codes unnecessarily on other phones because they can alter the configuration of your device.
And the best of all is that thanks to these enumerations we can access settings that are hidden at first glance. That is, these are configurations that are only available for Samsung mobile devices with One UI. In addition, some of these tools will be diagnostic, so they will be really useful when the mobile starts to act strange and we cannot know exactly why it happens. So it will be a very good alternative to avoid going to a professional first.
It will generally not matter if we have an older Samsung. If this is your case, we will only have to use the back button to take us back to our smartphone’s dialing app. However, in the most modern devices, in which we no longer have the forgotten physical buttons, the truth is that they can be hidden.
If this is your case and, therefore, you cannot use the virtual buttons to exit. Although, the navigation bar should not be hidden at any time, only when we are doing some other test in these menus. But, if it is in full screen mode for some reason, don’t worry, because there is a very simple way to do it to use our phone again without any problem. Only, you will have to try to slide up from the bottom of the panel of your mobile. If you still can’t see the virtual buttons, try restarting your smartphone.
All Samsung Codes
These keys from the South Korean manufacturer are compatible with each of the Samsung Galaxy series models. As we said, One UI is a layer that has many secret functions, but these hidden codes are reserved for somewhat more professional users, especially those who work in technical services.
This means that we must proceed with caution and not modify any parameter, if we are not sure of its operation. And it is that these codes, exclusive to Samsung , are complemented with those that are common to all Android smartphones. For this reason, we are going to take a look at each of them and see specifically where these codes that we will enter in the default dialing application of our phone will take us. And we will not have to press the call button, because as soon as we write a certain series number, the device will take us to that specific menu.
Test the functions of your mobile
- You will enter the light sensor mode with this password: * # 0589 #
- Proximity Sensor Check: * # 0588 #
- You access all Mac Wi-Fi addresses: * # * # 232338 # * # *
- For the WLAN network: * # * # 526 # * # *
- To test the GPS: * # * # 1472365 # * # *
- Other test key for GPS tests: * # * # 1575 # * # *
- You will access the diagnostic settings: * # 9090 #
- Key to fix Bluetooth problems: * # * # 232331 # * # *
- You enter the Bluetooth test mode: # * 3888 #
- Do an audio test: * # * # 0673 # * # *
- Run a test on your Samsung screen: # * # 0 * # * # *
- Check backlight and vibration and perform other general tests: * # * # 0842 # * # *
- Global Smartphone Test (Hardware Test Mode): * # 0 * #
- Mobile test in real time: * # 0782 #
- Run a terminal vibration test: * # 0842 #
- Battery test on your mobile: * # 0228 #
The following series of numbers are also the secret codes that can be used in the terminals with One UI so that we can restart our mobile device at any time. Especially, it will be of great help in case the mobile buttons are broken: # * 3849 #, # * 2562 #, # * 3876 #, # * 3851 #.
To lock or unlock your mobile SIM
- SIM unlock: # 0111 * 0000000 #
- Activate the automatic SIM lock: # 7465625 * 28746 #
- You will enable the automatic SIM lock: * 7465625 * 28746 #
Access all the information on the phone without limits
- You can see all the information on your smartphone: * # * # 4636 # * # *
- You can see the type and version of PDA – * # * # 1234 # * # *
- You will reset the user data: * # 272 * IMEI #
- You will get to see all the user statistics from the beginning and the important information of your phone: * # * # 4636 # * # *
- You will enter to see the status information of the GSM network: * # 0011 #
- You will verify the hardware and software information: * # 12580 * 369 #
- You will control the USB registry: * # 872564 #
- You will access the USB mode control panel: * # 7284 #
- To control and manage the GPS menu: * # 1575 #
Checking the service mode and firmware
- WLAN Engineering Service Mode: * # 526 #
- TSK / TSP firmware update: * # 2663 #
- You will enter the camera firmware menu: * # 7412365 #
- OTA update menu: # 8736364 #