TikTok has introduced new tools that will help in the management of comments , spam and also to combat other problems derived from social networks when it begins to have a certain notoriety or some content goes viral overnight: harassment or bullying . This is how the new options that you should know if you create content on the platform work.
New moderation options on TikTok
You may like the content published on TikTok more or less, although as in many other platforms everything will depend on who you follow, but it is clear that what cannot be denied to the company is that they try to offer the most complete tools at all times to that its users can enjoy the platform.
And we are not only referring to new creative tools, which are always good and are the ones that allow you to do such striking things as placing a video behind a person using the classic green or chroma background, also to all those options that give greater control of what happens inside.
The latest additions made by TikTok are focused on that, to improve interaction with other users . Something that will always come in handy for all those who mainly dedicate themselves to creating content and have achieved a certain level of visibility or have seen some content quickly go viral, causing an increase in views and interactions themselves. .
The new options introduced by TikTok on its platform are not really new, but they are applied in a different way to allow mass management . Something that helps save a lot of time and facilitate a task that many users have to do on a recurring basis if they want to take care of the community they create around their profile. So let’s see how each of them works.
How to manage comments on TikTok in bulk
To be able to manage comments in bulk, you will not have to learn anything really new that you have not seen in other applications. Even so, that TikTok introduces this new option is still interesting because of the time that can be gained compared to the current option that only allowed one-to-one management.
Now when you go to massively manage comments, you can take advantage of a new way to massively select them. To do this, all you have to do is the following:
- Open the TikTok application and go to any of the posts made
- In the comments section, tap on the comment you want to manage and hold it down for a while
- You will see how a circle appears next to it and the rest of the comments that you can mark
- Mark all the comments on which you want to carry out the deletion action as you would in other similar applications (such as WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.)
- The maximum number of comments you can select is 100, a correct figure for most cases. Although there will be situations in which that number increases, but in a couple of steps you can surely manage them quickly as well.
- Once you have all the comments marked, click delete and that’s it. You will have saved time by not having to select one by one and click on the delete option for the same number of times
As you can see, it is very easy to access this comment management option in bulk. Also, you should not forget that while holding down a comment for a while is the most interesting way to access the editing options, you can also tap on the pencil icon to activate these circles that allow you to select them.
How to block profiles on TikTok in bulk
In the same way as with the comments, now you will also be able to apply massive blocks. An action that in order to solve problems of harassment and bullying on TikTok is an important improvement. Also to be able to manage communities that want to stay healthy, although that is more complicated nowadays since there are those who only look for the large number in the follower counter.
To block users in bulk, only the procedure is exactly the same as with the comments:
- Access TikTok and then go to the comment section
- Tap on the pencil icon or hold down a user’s comment for a while
- Now you can select that or any other up to a maximum of one hundred
- Once they are all, select the option to block and you’re done
Also fast and simple is all this of blocking all those accounts that have been able to leave offensive comments on your publications so that they do not bother you again.
Tools that complete parental control and digital well-being
These two novelties of TikTok come in a way to complete and improve the options that the social network has in the face of parental control and digital well-being. Two functions that are highly recommended to know how they work if you are a parent or guardian of a minor with TikTok. Although here the debate always arises about whether or not they should have a profile on the network.
However, if they do, it is important to know how you can help them protect their account and their own experience by avoiding harassing, offensive or any other type of comments that are not appropriate for them. As well as being able to limit certain uses so that the use of this platform is what it should be: something fun. And for that, security and any option that allows better management of what is published, interactions, etc. must be guaranteed.