The vast majority of users are used to using their mobile phone for practically the whole day . From when we wake up until we go to bed. At home or anywhere. The conditions or the context do not matter, because many of us come to develop all kinds of tasks from the device.
However, there are those who prefer not to use the smartphone before bed. Mainly, due to the fatigue that it generates in the view and other negative consequences. Others, on the other hand, prefer to be consulting their terminal to watch series, chat with friends or play games until sleep begins to appear and they end up putting aside their activity to rest. Today we offer you the answer that tips the balance in favor of the first type of user and that indicates when you should stop using the phone.
The experts have spoken
Today the mobile screen is usually both the first thing we see when we wake up and the last thing we see before going to bed in order to check if we have pending notifications. However, the brain and the eyes need to rest before going to sleep to rest in optimal conditions and that is why experts advise leaving the phone two hours beforehand .
People of great renown in Sleep Medicine such as Eduard Estivill recommend forgetting about the device about 120 minutes beforehand due to the annoyance that the light from the screen can cause for sleep. Likewise, they also suggest moving away from heavy information or data that the brain must process, whether it is a YouTube video that talks about philosophical issues or things related to the workplace.
Set mobile usage limits
In the event that you intend to follow the advice of the experts, there is a very prominent function to limit the time that we use the terminal. In this way, when it is time to sleep, you will not be able to use it. This option remains available from Android 10 and even some customization layers incorporate it. The procedure varies depending on whether it is a phone under the Android or iOS ecosystem, but below we are going to explain how you should proceed in both cases, but we already anticipate that the steps to be followed are similar:
- Access the device settings through the gear-shaped icon.
- Swipe until you find the Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls section.
- Tap on the Control Panel section or on the circle that shows the applications and the time they have been used.
- Select the applications in which you want to establish a control for a limited time and indicate the corresponding figure.
- Open the settings on your Apple smartphone.
- Scroll down until you find the section called Usage Time .
- Next, tap on App usage limits.
- Select Add limit to choose an application and then choose the time. It should be noted that they appear differentiated by sections to make it easier to find it.