One of the most loyal companions in the form of software that PC or mobile device users have come across today is web browsers. Programs like Google Chrome , Firefox , Opera or Edge help us navigate in the most effective and safe way.
These offer us a growing number of integrated functions with which they claim that we can move around the Internet in a fluid way. But in the browsers we are talking about, other factors come into play, such as security or the interface . Keep in mind that with these we mean one of the most used types of software in 2020 , both in mobile and desktop environments.
Well, despite all the menus and shortcuts that these applications present to us, there is another way to use them in a more fluid way. And it is that as it happens with most of the programs that we use today, these have a series of keyboard shortcuts . Among other things, these will allow us to navigate faster and more fluidly. This is mainly because these key combinations allow us to move between the functions, tabs, pages and contents, in a much faster way.
In fact, in this specific case we want to focus on the new browser launched by Microsoft, the renewed Edge Chromium that wants to compete with Google Chrome . In fact this is the substitute for the classic Edge that was included by default than Windows 10.
Take advantage of Edge with these key combinations
Keyboard shortcuts with the Ctrl key
- Ctrl + D: save current page to bookmarks.
- Ctrl + E: Open a search query in the address bar.
- Ctrl + F: Search on the open page.
- Ctrl + H: open History in new tab.
- Ctrl + T: open a new tab.
- Ctrl + U: view source code.
- Ctrl + W: close the tab .
- Ctrl + Shift + Tab: go to the previous tab
- Ctrl + Tab: move to the next tab.
- Ctrl + 1, 2, … 9: switch tabs.
- Ctrl + F4: close current tab.
- Ctrl + G: skip to the next match in the search.
- Ctrl + Shift + G – Jump to the previous match in the search .
- Ctrl + J: open downloads in a new tab.
- Ctrl + L: select the URL from the address bar .
- Ctrl + M: mute the current tab.
- Ctrl + N: open a new window.
- Ctrl + P: print page.
- Ctrl + R: Reload page.
- Ctrl + S: save page.
- Ctrl + O: open a file.
- Ctrl + Shift + B: show or hide bookmarks bar .
- Ctrl + Shift + D: Save all open tabs to favorites in a new folder.
- Ctrl + Shift + I: Open development tools.
- Ctrl + Shift + M: Login with another user.
- Ctrl + Shift + N: open a new private window.
- Ctrl + Shift + O: Open Favorites management.
- Ctrl + Shift + P: Print from the dialog box .
- Ctrl + Shift + R: Reload current page without cache .
- Ctrl + Shift + T: Reopen the last closed tab.
- Ctrl + Shift + V: Paste without formatting.
- Ctrl + Shift + W: close current window.
- Ctrl + Enter: add www. at the beginning and .com at the end.
- Ctrl + Shift + Del: open delete options.
- Ctrl + +: zoom in.
- Ctrl + -: zoom out.
Keyboard shortcuts with the Alt key
- Alt + Shift + B: Set focus to the first item in the bookmarks bar.
- Alt + D: select the URL from the address bar.
- Alt + E: open the Configuration menu.
- Alt + Shift + I: Open the Send Comments box.
- Alt + Left Arrow: Back.
- Alt + Right Arrow: Go forward.
- Alt + Home: open the main page.
- Alt + F4: close the window .
Edge General Keybindings
- F1: open Help.
- F3: search.
- F4: select the URL from the address bar.
- F5: reload page.
- Shift + F5: Reload page without cache.
- F6: change focus to next panel.
- Shift + F6: Change focus to the previous panel.
- Shift + F10: open context menu.
- F11: open full screen .
- F12: development tools.