If you’ve changed your email account or want to set up your Apple ID, know that you’ll be able to do it and it won’t take long. If you are interested in changing the email address of your Apple ID account, in this post we will tell you how to do it.
Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. You can sign in to all Apple services with the same Apple ID and password. Use your Apple ID and password every time you need to sign in to an Apple device or service. If you don’t have an Apple ID, learn how to create a new Apple ID. You can use your Apple ID to do the following:
- Automatically set up all Apple services when you set up a new device and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Keep your personal content up to date on all your devices with iCloud.
- Sign in to the iTunes Store, Book Store, and App Store to make purchases and access past purchases.
- Sign in to Messages and FaceTime1 to communicate with your friends and family.
- Sign in to third-party apps and websites with Sign in with Apple.
How to change it
After knowing everything you can do with Apple ID, it’s time to change the settings. Keep in mind that you will need to verify the new email account you put in, so it is recommended that you have some time if you are going to do it and that you do not be in too much of a hurry. To make the change, follow these steps:
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the “Sign in and Security” section, choose “Apple ID.”
- Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID.
- Choose “Change Apple ID.”
- If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, look for the message that includes the verification code and enter it.
- If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share content with friends and coworkers, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID.
If you try to change your Apple ID to an email address ending in @icloud.com created in the last 30 days, you might be prompted to try again later. If you see a message that the email address you want to use isn’t available or is already in use, check that you or a family member isn’t using that address with another Apple ID. If a family member uses that email address, remove it from their account and try using it.
In some countries or regions, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID, but if your Apple ID is an email address, you can’t change it to a phone number. Please keep this in mind when changing your address or phone number.