The latest update of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has fallen like a giant rock to more than one user, and not only due to the large list of new features that have included the 200-person battle royale mode or the Juggernaut mode , but also due to the excessive download size of the update patch. Have you run out of disk space and don’t know what to do? We tell you how to eliminate Modern Warzone game modes so that it does not take up so much space.
How to gain disk space with Warzone
If you purchased the full version of Call of Duty; Modern Warfare , the disk space accumulated by the game will reach figures of heart attack by now. The fault lies with the different modes that we can find within the game, since in addition to the single-player campaign, it includes the multiplayer mode, the cooperative mode and the successful battle royale Warzone mode.
All these branches receive many monthly updates, hence the download size of each new version reaches very high figures in some other release. If you don’t have an external hard drive for PS4 or a USB drive for Xbox One, the internal capacity of your console is probably dying, so it will be best to take stock of exactly what you need from Cal of Duty.
What are my options?
What you will have to ask yourself is exactly what you play. Do you play the campaign? Multiplayer? Have you ever tried cooperative mode with a friend? If none of this offers a forceful answer, we have good news to give you: you are going to gain a lot of disk space.
The game is made up of different packs that affect each of the modes, so uninstalling all those that you are not interested in can save a lot of space on your hard drive by eliminating game modes that you will never use. This does not mean that you can never play them again, since all you have to do is download them again when you need to.
What packs does Call of Duty: Modern Warfare include?
With the idea of identifying which packs you can delete without fear of losing data or staying without playing, we are going to name each of the elements that make up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare so that you can delete all those that do not interest you.
- Data Pack 1 : This pack includes essential campaign files, multiplayer, and the Spec Ops co-op mode.
- Campaign Pack 1 (only available on Xbox One): Files to play the campaign on.
- Campaign Pack 2 (only available on Xbox One): Files to play the campaign on.
- Multiplayer Pack (only available on Xbox One): Files to play multiplayer.
- Multiplayer Pack 2 : Files needed to play multiplayer.
- Special Ops Pack : The pack needed for cooperative special operations.
- Special Ops Pack 2 : More files to play cooperative mode.
- Survival Pack (only available on PS4): files to play Special Ops Survival.
How are Call of Duty: Modern Warzone packs removed?
Knowing what each file pack belongs to, now you only have to decide what to delete. If you are not interested in the campaign, delete those packs that are exclusive to it, or if you are not interested in the cooperative mode, delete all the Special Ops packs.
The procedure to remove these packs is very simple, and you can do it directly from the game. To do this you just have to follow the following steps:
- Start Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and access the options menu by pressing the Options button on PS4 or menu on Xbox One.
- Move the cursor to the General tab.
- Look for the option Facilities and select it.
- You will receive a new screen with all the packs you have installed on your console. If so far you have not deleted any, all will appear marked by default.
- Choose those packs you are interested in removing and press the X button (on PS4) or A (on Xbox One) to proceed with the uninstallation of the pack.
- Confirm your decision and the pack will have been uninstalled.
In the event that you want to reinstall the deleted packs, all you have to do is go to the Store on your console to re-download the files you need.