With the iPhone 15 lineup now available, it’s crucial to consider the accessories that complement these devices. For the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max, which boast USB Type-C connectivity and faster data transfer capabilities, having the right cable is essential to unlock their full potential. While Apple offers its own Thunderbolt 4 cable, starting at a hefty 79 euros, there are more affordable alternatives that provide the same high-quality performance. Here, we’ll introduce you to some cost-effective Thunderbolt 4 cable options.
Apple’s official Thunderbolt 4 cable may set you back 79 euros for just one meter, making it quite an investment. However, this versatile accessory can be used for various purposes, including connecting external hard drives, monitors, and enabling fast charging. If you’re looking to save money without compromising on quality, here are some recommendations.
Affordable and reliable Thunderbolt 4 cables
1. Belkin Thunderbolt 4 Cable
- Price: Approximately 30 euros on Amazon (often on sale for under 20 euros)
- Features: Supports up to 100W of charging power, 40Gbps data transfer speed, backward compatibility with Thunderbolt 3 connectors, and measures 0.8 meters in length.
- Benefits: This cable allows for data transfer, high-power charging (up to 100W), and connecting external monitors with resolutions of up to 5K.
2. Silkland Thunderbolt 4 Cable
- Price: Ranging from 30 euros
- Features: Available in three sizes – 30 centimeters, 1 meter, and 1.5 meters – all adhere to the Thunderbolt 4 standard. Offers a 40Gbps transfer speed and supports up to 240W of charging power. Also backward compatible with Thunderbolt 3 connectors.
- Benefits: With its versatile sizes and increased charging power, this cable allows for quick charging and efficient device connectivity.
3. Anker Thunderbolt 4 Cable
- Price: Starting from 35 euros
- Features: A 0.7 meter cable compatible with charging speeds of up to 100W and a 40Gbps data transfer rate.
- Benefits: Anker’s cable offers reliability and performance, making it a suitable choice for Thunderbolt 4 cable users.
If I use a Thunderbolt 4 cable on an iPhone with USB 2.0, what happens?
You might wonder about using a Thunderbolt 4 cable with a device like an iPhone that has a USB 2.0 port. The flexibility of Thunderbolt 4 cables is one of their standout features. While they are capable of high transfer and charging speeds, they can be used with non-USB Type-C ports. These cables can transmit video signals, charging signals, and data signals, making them compatible with a wide range of devices within the Apple ecosystem, including iPads, Macs, and the iPhone 15 lineup.
It’s important to note that Thunderbolt 4 cables can support high power levels, but they won’t deliver that power unless the source, such as the charger, provides it. For instance, if you connect a Thunderbolt 4 cable to a 20W adapter, it will only provide the iPhone with 20W of power, ensuring safe and efficient charging.
In conclusion, you don’t necessarily need to opt for Apple’s official brand when it comes to accessories like Thunderbolt 4 cables. These cables adhere to a standard connection (USB Type-C) that’s now widespread among most devices. Their versatility and potential applications make them a valuable addition to your tech arsenal, providing reliable performance without breaking the bank.