While Google Keep is widely used as a notes app, it’s worth noting that WhatsApp and Telegram can also serve this purpose effectively. These two messaging apps offer features and functionalities that make them contenders for the title of the best note-taking apps. Here’s why:
Despite being primarily known as instant messaging platforms, both WhatsApp and Telegram offer a remarkable degree of versatility, often overlooked by many users. These apps provide a range of hidden possibilities and useful features that can be utilized for taking notes in an organized, straightforward, and accessible manner. Since these apps are frequently accessed by users throughout the day, they offer a convenient and readily available platform for jotting down and managing your notes.
Tricks to use WhatsApp like Telegram as a note app
WhatsApp and Telegram are widely used messaging applications that connect people worldwide. However, these platforms offer more than just communication. Telegram, in particular, provides a range of features through its bots, making it a versatile app. One of these possibilities is the ability to take notes, similar to Google Keep.
It’s important to note that using messaging apps as note-taking tools may not offer the same level of organization as dedicated note-taking apps like Google Keep. In Keep, you can efficiently organize your notes, whereas in messaging apps, you may need to create separate individual groups to manage your information effectively. Nonetheless, here are some tips to help you use Telegram and WhatsApp as note-taking apps.
Use bold and italics
In both Telegram and WhatsApp, you have the option to use various text formats to emphasize your notes, allowing for more visually appealing and organized content. Here are the steps to apply bold and italics formatting in both apps:
- Bold: To make a word or phrase bold, simply enclose the text within asterisks, like this: *text*
- Italics: If you want to use italics, wrap the text with underscores, like this: _text_
By following these formatting guidelines, you can enhance the appearance of your notes in Telegram and WhatsApp, making them more visually appealing and easier to read.
All the content you can share
WhatsApp and Telegram offer a valuable feature of content storage, enabling you to save a wide variety of files and information within their platforms. You can easily store and manage different types of content, including:
- Photos and videos.
- audio or music
Create a shortcut to always have it at hand
When you find yourself in situations where you need to quickly jot down important information or reminders, creating a shortcut to your WhatsApp or Telegram conversation can greatly streamline the process. Here are the steps to create a shortcut and access it directly from your home screen:
- Open WhatsApp or Telegram, depending on the app you prefer for note-taking.
- Navigate to the specific chat or group where you want to create the shortcut.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the menu options that appear, select the “Create Shortcut” or similar option. This action will automatically generate a shortcut on your device’s home screen.
By creating this shortcut, you can instantly access the desired chat or group, enabling you to quickly take notes or add important information without having to navigate through the app each time. This convenient feature enhances efficiency and ensures that your important notes are just a tap away.
Change the background according to the theme
One often overlooked aspect that can add a touch of personalization to your WhatsApp and Telegram conversations is the ability to change the background. This feature allows you to customize the look of your notes and make them visually appealing. Whether you prefer a background that matches the theme of the group or one that reflects your individual style, the choice is entirely up to you. Here are the steps to change the background:
- Open WhatsApp or Telegram on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the specific group or chat where you want to change the background.
- In WhatsApp, tap on the three-dot menu icon located in the top right corner, and then select the ‘Wallpaper’ option.
- In Telegram, tap on the three-line menu icon in the top left corner, go to ‘Settings,’ and then choose ‘Chat Settings’ or ‘Chat Background’ to access the ‘Change background’ option.
By following these steps, you can easily modify the background of your WhatsApp or Telegram conversations, enhancing the visual experience of taking notes. This simple customization feature allows you to create a pleasant and personalized environment for your note-taking activities.