For many, privacy is a fundamental aspect when it comes to chatting through messaging applications, and in this sense, Telegram is possibly the most secure application at the moment. This platform not only includes all kinds of possibilities within it, but also has data protection systems that guarantee the user.
One of the options that the application hides inside is to create secret chats that, unlike the normal ones, are accompanied by certain security methods. These are very useful in important conversations for any reason, so it is important that you know how to make the most of them to get value for money.
What is a secret Telegram chat
Opening a secret chat doesn’t really involve much mystery, since the app itself shows it with just the button that appears in the lower right area of the screen. However, many are unaware of the purpose of this feature and we are going to talk about just this issue below.
The distinguishing feature of secret chats is that they are end-to-end encrypted . In other words, only you and the people on the other end can access the conversation. Of course, it is not the only thing that contrasts with the usual ones and that is that these anonymous chats are only shown on the device where they were created , that is, if you have created it on a mobile they will not appear on the computer.
This is quite positive in the event that someone tries to access the Telegram web application, since they will not gain access to the content of the conversation in question. This promises a safe virtual place for both text messages and images, to which the following features also contribute :
- It is impossible to take a screenshot. So the only way to get them would be to take a photo with another device.
- The system does not display the message along with the notification.
- The content of the conversation is not recorded on the application’s servers.
- Messages cannot be forwarded to another person, group, or channel.
- The photos that pass through the chat will be blurred from outside.
How to create and self-destruct a chat
As we have already mentioned at the beginning of the publication, creating a private chat on Telegram does not hide any difficulties. For this reason we are also going to teach you how to self-destruct a message when you know how these types of conversations work. In this way you can delete any part of the conversation over time so that there is no trace of what you have spoken.
- Open Telegram on your mobile phone.
- Select the button at the bottom with a pencil inside it.
- Add the people you want.
- Click on the three points in the upper right area.
- Tap on the “Set self-destruct” option and indicate the time.
Now, when that person accesses the chat , they will only have the time you have indicated to see the message. Once the limit is passed, it will disappear forever without the possibility of seeing it again.