Animal Crossing is one of the most popular games Nintendo has in its catalog, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons being its latest release for the Nintendo Switch. Now, on Android we have Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and if you have both, you can link the latter with the Nintendo Switch game and thus have exclusive content.
Whether you play Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp or are focused solely on its Nintendo Switch brother, this tutorial is interesting for you to have some exclusive items in the console game, as well as leaf tickets for the mobile game . The process is very simple and we detail it step by step.
Everything you have to do from your Android mobile
First, although it seems obvious, you must download the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp application, if you already play, you will have it on your mobile.
- Next, it’s time to link your Nintendo Account to your mobile game. It is something that we can do since we first entered the game, but we can also do it even if we have been playing for a while. The account we use must be the same one that we have linked on our Nintendo Switch.
- After completing the game tutorial, which lasts about 10 minutes, we can open the menu of the game, where we will find the option “My Nintendo”.
- In this menu, you will see that the first option is: Special order for Animal Crossing: New Horizons . Select it.
- When it opens in full screen, we will see that we can redeem it for free and that we will also receive a total of 50 leaf tickets for the Pocket Camp.
- At the time we decide to redeem this offer, we will be shown a 16-character code on the screen to enter our Nintendo Switch and we will have received the promised sheet tickets.
What do you have to do from your Nintendo Switch
Once you’ve followed the steps above in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, it’s time to pair it with the Nintendo Switch game Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We want to make it clear that to do so, we need to have an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
In the last step from our phone, we have obtained a 16-digit code, which we must use in the Nintendo eShop. To do this, first of all you should check that you have the game closed on your Switch to avoid any errors. If you still have it “In use”, access it and press the “-” button. With this we can save the game and exit, without having to worry about any data loss along the way or errors that may arise.
If you have already saved and exited, you must exit to the main menu of the Nintendo Switch using the “Home” button and press on the “X” in order to completely close the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game. Once this is done, follow these steps:
- On the bottom bar of your console’s main screen, choose the second option, which corresponds to the Nintendo eShop.
- Scroll through the menu on the left until you reach the option “Redeem code”.
- Enter the 16-character code you got earlier in your Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.
- Re-enter Animal Crossing: New Horizons and you will have a small update for it, it will only take a few seconds.
- If you go to the Nook terminal, in the TeleNook section, some new special items will have been unlocked: classic motorhome, camping pitch poster or brake calipers, among others, a total of 10 items that we can buy through berries and that are exclusive for those who make these Steps.
It is a simple process, which especially for those of you who already have advances in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, will not take more than a couple of minutes .