There are many amazing features that we can enjoy on the iPhone that we are unaware of today that save us a lot of time, effort, and complex configurations. In this article, we are going to see how you can transfer data from iPhone to Pen Drive.
Before we begin, it is important to note that iOS devices have a security feature called “USB Transfer Data Limitation”. This feature is automatically activated when the device is connected to an unknown or untrusted computer. This means that the user will need to unlock the device and allow the USB connection for data transfer to be possible. You also have to have a connection cable or adapter that allows you to connect directly to the flash drive, that is, a cable that has a Lightning connection input.
Transfer via USB cable and Mac
The first method or classic method is to connect iPhone to Mac via USB cable, and then copy the photos to the Pendrive. This is the simplest and most direct method. To do this, the user must follow the following steps:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
- Unlock the device and allow USB connection if necessary.
- Open your computer’s file explorer and find the iPhone in the devices section.
- Access the iPhone photos folder and select the photos you want to transfer.
- Copy the selected photos and paste them into the pendrive folder.
Directly transfer photos from an iPhone to a flash drive
Transferring photos directly from an iPhone to a flash drive is possible without the need for intermediaries such as a Mac and an iPad, the procedure is as follows:
- Plug the Lightning to USB adapter into the iPhone input.
- Plug the flash drive into the Lightning to USB adapter.
- Select the photos you want to transfer in the “Photos” app on the iPhone.
- Select the “Share” option and select “Save to drive” or “Copy to drive”.
- Wait for the file transfer to complete and disconnect the Pendrive.
Remember that you can also send your iCloud files to a flash drive quickly, downloading the images you have stored in the Apple cloud beforehand.
Through third-party applications
Another option to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive is by using a third-party application. There are several applications available in the App Store that allow you to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive . These apps function as intermediaries for transferring the files, and some even offer additional options, such as the ability to organize and edit the photos.
One of the most popular apps to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive is iXpand Drive , an exclusive app for iPad and iPhone and free. This application allows you to connect the flash drive to the device using a Lightning to USB adapter and transfer the files. The application also offers additional options, such as the ability to backup and restore files, and browse files on the flash drive.
By way of conclusion, it is important to note that in order to transfer photos directly from an iPhone to a flash drive, you need a flash drive that is compatible with the iPhone file system, which is the APFS file system. Many flash drives are formatted in FAT32 or exFAT file systems , which are not compatible with the iPhone. It is essential to check the compatibility of the flash drive before attempting to transfer files.