Mark Zuckerberg’s social networks have been losing some prominence in recent months due to successes like TikTok. Those of Meta are aware that many young people prefer the Chinese social network, and the growth of Instagram has notably stagnated in the last year. To avoid the exodus of users and stay in the first division, Instagram is making improvements and changes quite regularly. This week, the platform has been updated with a few extra features, like cross-posting Instagram Reels to Facebook.
Enable Reels Cross Posting on Instagram
To activate this new functionality, it will be necessary for us to have linked our Instagram and Facebook profiles. This process can be done both from the Facebook Account Center and from the Instagram app itself:
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android smartphone. Make sure the app is updated to the latest version that has been released.
- Click on your profile thumbnail in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on the icon of the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the interface.
- Enter the ‘ Settings ‘ option.
- Scroll down the list of options and enter the ‘ Account ‘ option.
- Locate the ‘ Share to other apps ‘ option and tap to enter it.
- Click on ‘ Facebook ‘. If this is your first time linking your account, you will be prompted for your login credentials through your browser.
- Enter your username and password. Then, you will be able to activate the option to share Reels from that same menu.
Once that is done, the Reels you post on Instagram will also automatically appear on your Facebook wall.
More news in the latest Instagram update
In addition to this new implementation of Reels on Facebook, Instagram has not missed the opportunity to make small changes to keep its platform attractive to the youngest. In recent weeks, Instagram has made some changes that haven’t quite taken off, such as the full-screen post experiment. However, this new update has a couple of extra improvements that will come in handy:
Add Yours opens to the Reels
The ‘Add Yours’ sticker (in Spanish translated as ‘Now you’ or ‘Your turn’, depending on the country) will extend its support. This functionality was until now only in the Stories, and allowed to create a thematic thread, being a useful tool to create campaigns. Add Yours was just another attempt to emulate the success of TikTok by creating a system to improve engagement . From now on, this sticker can also be added to Reels .
Add Yours as original content stamp
And finally, Instagram also wants to protect its creators. The Add Yours tag will also serve to identify those people who made an original post . From now on, Reels that go viral will have an attribution link with Add Yours stickers. This way, when something becomes a trend, the creator of the original content will always be linked. However, from Meta they point out that this option can be deactivated in the event that users prefer to have privacy .