Surely, at some point, you have seen videos on YouTube in which Pokémon card envelopes were opened. And it is that, in recent times, the price of these has risen a lot. So much so, that there are cards that cost thousands and thousands of dollars. For this reason, if you have realized that you have a few at home or you have bought a few envelopes and you want to know how much money they are worth , that is exactly what we are going to explain to you.
What influences the value of a Pokémon card
Not all Pokémon cards have the same value. And this is due to different factors that make a card have one price or another. Specifically, this is what will make it have one value or another: Rarity, if it is holographic and if it is a rare edition . Therefore, we are going to look at each specific tribute that can influence its price:
First of all, if we go into the rarity tribute, there is a scale that sets the rarity of the Pokémon TCG cards . And, in this case, we find the following forms: Common Rarity – Black Circle, Uncommon Rarity – Black Diamond, Rare Rarity – Black Star and Promo Rarity ) – Word ‘Promo’ + Black Star. Although this factor will be key when that letter is no longer published, that is, it is not so easy to find it on the market. So it will include past time.
Another important reason why a Pokémon card has one price or another is whether or not it is holographic . And it is that, within these letters, there are the normal ones and the ‘holo’ ones. They are different in terms of finish, since they have a particular shine. Within these, there are two types:
- Reverse Holo : All the card with shine, except the Pokémon.
- Rare Holo : They are more difficult to find and it is the same as a normal one, but the Pokémon has shine.
And now we only have to know other cards or editions that have a higher price. In this case, we are referring to the following Pokémon cards: Ultra Rare (available in the EX/GX/V series), Full Art (a variant of the EX/GX series) and Secret Rare (distinguished by exceeding the number that comes at the bottom and may have a Shiny Pokémon).
Find out the value of a Pokémon card
Once we know the tributes that can influence the value of a Pokémon TCG card , it’s time to find out what a Pokémon card costs on our own. To do this, there are three steps that must be followed carefully to correctly find out its value. Therefore, this will be the process that you must follow:
- Look at the manufacturing date . On the front of the letter, just in the last line of printing, the date of manufacture must appear.
- If there is no logo on the right side of the card, the card will be base, that is, a card that does not have any special value. If it has a logo, you’ll need to find out which series the symbol belongs to . Depending on what it is, the price will be higher or lower.
- With the previous data, it is time to find out how much Internet users pay for the Pokémon card. You can go to eBay, for example, put the name of the Pokémon next to the information that we have mentioned in the previous steps. In this way, you will be able to see the approximate average price of the product.
Although, you also have the option of resorting to the Price Charting: Pokémon TCG website. In it, you will be able to see a follow-up of the latest values in which different cards have been appraised on different auction websites internationally. So you can get an idea of the price of a Pokémon card .