Apple News is a completely free Apple news service that offers news personalized to your tastes and hobbies. Although the service is currently only available in a few countries (Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and United States), there are ways that you can enjoy this service even if you don’t live in any of these places. In this post we tell you how you can achieve it.
Apple News is a service that was created in 2015, but it is still not available in many countries, something that does not please all Apple users. However, there is a way to have this service from all your Apple devices. In order to get Apple News, you’ll need to change the region you’re in . Here we explain how you can do it on iPhone or iPad, Mac and Apple Watch.
How to change the region on different Apple devices
- Apple News on iPhone or iPad in unsupported countries: As we said before, the only way to enjoy Apple News on an iPhone or iPad is to change the region of the device to one of the four countries in which the news service is supported. from Apple is available. Here are the steps you need to follow on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings on your device and tap General .
- Tap Language & Region.
- Now tap on Region and choose one of the four supported countries: Australia, Canada, United Kingdom or United States.
The advantage of doing this is that you can keep the language on your device, so you don’t have to translate all the news. When you return to the home screen, you’ll see the Apple News icon . If you don’t see it, restart your iPhone or iPad. The drawback of doing this is that the subscriptions and the App Store can change, so pay attention to this small detail.
- Apple News on Mac in unsupported countries: You may be surprised, but Apple News is available on Mac too. On Macs it works differently than on iPhones, but by changing the location you can also have Apple News. Follow these steps to get Apple News on your Mac:
- Go to the Applications folder inside Finder.
- Press the Command + Shift + keys. (dot) to show hidden files.
- You will see the Apple News icon somewhat blurred.
- Double click to open the app.
- You can arrest it to the desktop or the Dock to always have it visible.
- Apple News on Apple Watch in non-supported countries: With Apple Watch, it’s much easier to change the region, since the vast majority duplicate the settings on your iPhone. This means that when you change the region of the iPhone, it will be automatically changed on your Apple Watch and you will also have this service on your watch.
Right now this is the only way to have Apple News in a country that is not one of the four in which this service is enabled. This is something that many users do not like, since after so many years of activity, the list of countries could be extended. In the meantime, you will have to change the region to be able to enjoy Apple News.