TikTok is one of the most popular applications at the moment and it is a type of very dynamic content that can be seen in just a few seconds, which becomes quite addictive, since it seems that time does not pass around us. In fact, even the app itself has a system to limit use and not spend hours and hours in front of the screen.
Mobile phone addiction is a topic that is the order of the day, especially with the birth of applications like TikTok. The data collected by Rastreator for the VI Edition of the Study on Mobile Addiction a few years ago reveals that in Spain there are 7.3 million people addicted to their smartphones . So it is not an issue that must be ignored and we are going to teach you how to prevent it through the use limit of apps.
Stop using TikTok
It is important to have some self-control when viewing TikTok on the mobile if we do not want to lose a large part of our day. Spending a lot of time using the phone is normal for people who need it to work or play with their friends, but you have to consume content in moderation and this social network has a format that temporarily goes largely unnoticed.
Luckily, the app hides a setting inside to control the time during which we are watching videos , while both Android and iOS have a similar option that you can use for the rest of the applications along with TikTok. A characteristic that is worth knowing either for ourselves or our children.
Limit the time of use with TikTok
TikTok has a feature to control app usage time in its own settings . In addition, it is quite advanced and not only has different options, but also shows the time of use and the number of times you have opened the app on your smartphone. In short, it is important to know how to access it and control it perfectly:
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Select your profile in the lower left area.
- Click on the three lines at the top of the screen and go to “Settings and privacy”.
- Find the “Screen Time” section.
- Turn on “Daily Screen Time” and “Screen Time Breaks.”
From your Android settings
The Android operating system comes with a feature known as Digital Wellbeing that allows users to be in healthy control of their device. Through it it is possible to configure the time of use of applications such as TikTok and it can be used in an extremely simple way if you do the following:
- Open the settings of your Android mobile.
- Locate and access the “Digital well-being and parental controls” section.
- Tap on “Control Panel” and search for TikTok among the apps.
- Select “Application timer” and choose the time that you will be able to use the app.
In your iPhone settings
The procedure on iPhone is not far from what Google offers with Android. Likewise, we leave you the necessary steps to establish a usage time limit for TikTok on Apple mobiles:
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Enter the “Use time” section and activate the option.
- Select “App usage limits” and set a limit.
- Check TikTok and set the time you want to put in the app.