The anticipation for Android 14 update is widespread, with smartphone users eagerly awaiting its arrival. However, the official deployment of the new version is expected to begin around August, and typically, high-end devices will be the first to receive it. Nevertheless, if you’re among those who simply can’t wait to experience the latest features of the operating system, there are already some devices available for purchase that come with Android 14 in their beta program.
It’s important to note that these devices offer a preview of the upcoming software update developed by Google. While it may be exciting to have early access to the new features, it’s important to be aware that beta versions can come with operating issues. However, encountering such problems is quite common and it is even encouraged to report them for a more refined and polished final version of the software.
Mobile phones with Android 14 for all budgets
There are currently 13 devices available in Spain that can be updated to the Android 14 test version of the system. The best part is that there are options for both high-end smartphones and more affordable ones, making it accessible for everyone to start enjoying the new features of the update. Here are the phones compatible with the Android 14 beta:
The Google Pixel family
The Google Pixel series was among the first to receive the Android 14 beta. However, not all Google devices are eligible for the update, only the models that continue to receive support. Here are the Google smartphones that can currently enjoy the Android 14 beta:
- Google Pixel 7 Pro: Known for its exceptional camera capabilities, although its processor performance may not match the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip. It features a delightful screen and is priced at 759 euros on Amazon.
- Google Pixel 7: Similar to the previous model, but without a 2K display or 90 Hz refresh rate. It also lacks a telephoto lens in its camera setup. The Pixel 7 is equipped with the Tensor G2 processor and captures envy-worthy photos. The price of the Google Pixel 7 is 562 euros.
- Google Pixel 7a: The latest release from Google, offering the pleasure of installing Android 14 in its beta version. It boasts a 90 Hz display and wireless charging, priced at 509 euros.
- Google Pixel 6 Pro: Google’s flagship from the previous year, delivering a flawless Pixel experience. It maintains high photographic quality and features a bright screen for excellent visibility. The Pixel 6 Pro is priced at 588 euros on FNAC.
- Google Pixel 6: The Google Pixel 6 comes with a 90 Hz display and the same processor as the Pro model, ensuring optimal performance for tasks and impressive photography. It is available for a price of 449 euros.
- Google Pixel 6a: The most affordable option to experience Android 14 is the Google Pixel 6a, priced at 349 euros. It maintains the high-quality camera and processor found in the higher-end models, offering excellent performance despite its potentially less impressive screen.
Three Xiaomi mobiles
Xiaomi, the Chinese technology giant, also offers three smartphones that are eligible for downloading the Android 14 beta, as indicated on the Xiaomi website. These smartphones include their flagship models and a high-end budget option:
- Xiaomi 13 Pro: The flagship device of Xiaomi, the Xiaomi 13 Pro, is equipped with the latest generation Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip for impeccable performance. It features incredible cameras with the renowned Leica seal on its back. The device boasts one of the brightest screens in the market and supports 120W fast charging, allowing you to charge the phone in just 15 minutes. The Xiaomi 13 Pro is available for 949 euros.
- Xiaomi 13: The standard version of the Xiaomi 13 shares some features with the Pro model. It includes the same 120 Hz AMOLED screen with 2K resolution and the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip. However, it has a slightly smaller battery capacity, and its camera setup does not consist of a triple 50 MP sensor. The Xiaomi 13 is priced at 736 euros.
- Xiaomi 12T: For those looking for an affordable alternative to test Android 14, the Xiaomi 12T is a great option. Priced at 479 euros on PcComponentes, this phone features an AMOLED screen with an adaptive refresh rate and a powerful processor. Its main camera boasts an impressive 108 MP resolution, and it also supports 15-minute fast charging, similar to the Xiaomi 13 Pro.
OPPO Find N2 Flip
The only OPPO device from the Chinese brand that receives the Android 14 update in its beta program is the OPPO Find N2 Flip. As a premium device, it comes with a price tag of 1,049 euros. The OPPO Find N2 Flip stands out for its unique design featuring an external screen with a vertical format, which is larger than those found on other smartphones of this type, offering users a variety of possibilities. It is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, ensuring high-level efficiency and performance. While the battery capacity is relatively lower compared to other devices, this is common among foldable smartphones.
For a more affordable option among high-end smartphones, the OnePlus 11 stands out, offering the possibility to install the Android 14 beta. Priced at 749 euros, this device comes with impressive specifications. It features a 2K resolution AMOLED screen, providing an exceptional viewing experience for watching series and movies. Equipped with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip, the OnePlus 11 ensures powerful performance, allowing you to handle any application effortlessly. Its camera setup benefits from the expertise of Hasselblad, ensuring clean image processing and excellent photo quality. Additionally, the OnePlus 11 boasts ultra-fast 100W charging technology, providing quick and convenient battery replenishment.
Nothing Phone (1)
The smartphone that created a buzz last year with its innovative design, the Nothing Phone (1), can also be upgraded to Android 14 by following the steps provided in the link. Despite its processor’s performance being somewhat underwhelming for its price of 396 euros, the Nothing Phone (1) compensates with a high-quality screen that delivers immersive content playback. It also boasts a versatile camera and a battery that supports fast charging, wireless charging, and reverse charging, adding to its overall appeal.
Vivo X90 Pro
The latest model from Vivo is another smartphone that can readily obtain the Android 14 beta. It stands out as one of the top camera phones of 2023, alongside the Xiaomi 13 Pro, thanks to its collaboration with ZEISS and a remarkable 50 MP sensor that captures even the minutest details with remarkable fidelity. Priced at 1,139 euros, the Vivo X90 Pro offers a stunning 120 Hz AMOLED screen and is powered by the most powerful MediaTek processor currently available. With its comprehensive features, it is a compelling choice that is sure to leave a lasting impression.