Amazon ships all kinds of products and we find pretty much anything. Although it does not replace, for many, the local commerce in close proximity, it can be useful on many occasions if you need to receive a product at home in a matter of hours or a few days and you cannot find it elsewhere. All kinds of products, from a mobile phone to a pencil box of a specific brand. If you are waiting for that shipment, you can subscribe to notifications via SMS to know the status of Amazon orders.
That is, Amazon allows you to activate a series of notifications through SMS , email or the online commerce app to know where your order is, if it has left the warehouse or not, if it is in delivery or if they have tried to deliver it and you are not at home. It is also useful to know if something appears as delivered but you have not received it. There may be a mistake, that your neighbor has it or that they have left it in the mailbox or on the door of the house. That’s why you can activate notifications comfortably and for free.
There are five states that your Amazon order can go through and they will normally notify you for the last three: shipping, shipped, and delivered. The available states through which it passes or the phases are:
- Pending shipment when it has not yet been prepared
- Preparing the shipment to send it in less than a day
- In the shipping process, just before being shipped
- Sent for delivery and arrive in the next few hours
- Delivered if the company has confirmed delivery at home
SMS notifications, as its name suggests, will let you know where your order is through a message that you will receive on your mobile phone. It is a totally free service that is included in the cost of Amazon as such. That is, you do not have to pay anything to receive notifications on the phone that tell you if it has left or if it is already on its way. In addition, there are a series of conditions that Amazon puts on this service:
- You must have a Spanish mobile number , regardless of the operator
- There is no cost, as we have explained in the previous paragraph, but the operator may charge you an extra for this type of message. That does not depend on Amazon.
- The service is available if the chosen shipping option allows tracking
- You can only receive SMS notifications with shipments sent by Amazon.com and not for orders sent by external sellers unless they use Amazon logistics to reach the customer.
- It does not allow to receive SMS on several different phone numbers
As Amazon itself explains, you will only receive SMS when it is considered that communication in this way is useful to guarantee the delivery of your order. If there is a problem with the address you have filled out or if you have not been found at your address. Keep in mind that SMS can wake you up if you leave your mobile with sound because shipping updates via this route will be sent from six in the morning to eleven at night according to the settings of the Amazon communication preferences center.
The first thing you need to subscribe to notifications via SMS to know the status of Amazon orders is to have an Amazon account, of course. Once you have it, access your account on the web with your username and password.
- Go to Account and lists
- Open your account menu to access all options
- Access the web Manage SMS notifications
- Set up your personal details
- Add your phone number with the country code previously
- Tap on “Shipping and payment notifications”
- Click on update
If you do not want to receive notifications of a specific product, either because it is a gift and you do not want anyone to see it or simply so that it does not bother you, you can deactivate it from the Account> My orders> The order you want> Shipment tracking. Here you can deactivate the SMS option.
Activate in-app notifications
You can install the Amazon application on your mobile phone or tablet to receive notifications of your orders. This will allow you to receive a notification on your Smartphone to monitor the status of the order in real time: you will know when it has been sent from the store’s facilities, when it is on its way and in delivery to your address or when it has been delivered. This way you will receive a notification if it has been delivered at home and you are not there, either because it has been left with the doorman, with a neighbor or that it has been left in the mailbox while you are away.
The notifications of the application can be activated from the Amazon app itself on your mobile or tablet and are available exclusively for orders sent by Amazon. That is, if you have bought something in the Marketplace, you will not receive this type of notifications, only for orders from Amazon itself.
To activate notifications on your mobile, follow these steps:
- Download the Amazon application on your phone or tablet
- Open the app
- Tap on the three lines in the upper left on Android. On iOS, tap at the bottom of the screen to access the options menu.
- Go to Settings in this main menu
- Tap on the Notifications option
- Check which notifications you want to activate or deactivate
Here you will find notifications of all kinds of notifications:
- Receive customer service notices
- Your Orders: Shipping and delivery notifications
- Recommendations for you based on your activity
- Offers you follow or on the waiting list
- Alexa purchase notifications and Dash buttons
- The Amazon community
Check all the ones you want from the above and you will receive a notification in the app as long as you do not have global notifications muted on your mobile. Check the option “Your Orders” to be able to track where it is.
You can also configure the emails sent through your account management. You can choose from which departments or options you want to receive emails:
- Open the Communication Preferences Center option
- You will see all the different options
- SMS preferences
- Postal mail preferences
- Email Preference
- Tap on “e-mail preferences”
- You will see two options
- General adjustments
- Promotional emails
- Tap on general settings to choose the email
- Click on “Change”
- Follow the steps and change the associated email
- Tap on “Promotional E-mails “
- Click on the arrow and display the options
- You will see all the available departments
- Check the departments that interest you and uncheck the ones that don’t
- Confirm with the Update button at the bottom of the page