At long last, Android users have an alternative to the official app store to download their apps and games. HappyMod isn’t your standard app store, though, as it offers more than 30,000 modified apps and games. It’s completely free to download and use, and there is no need to root your device, either.
How to Install HappyMod:
You cannot download HappyMod from the official app store, so you need to install the .apk file onto your device directly. This is simple to do; just follow these easy steps:
- Go to your Android Settings app and go to Security ( or Privacy )
- Tap the slider next to Unknown Sources to enable it – failure to do this means HappyMod cannot be installed on your device.
- Now download the apk file to your device and tap OK on the warning message.
- Go to your download location and tap on the recently downloaded file to start the installation.
- When you see the app store icon on your home screen, HappyMod is installed and ready to use.
How to Use HappyMod:
HappyMod is no different from any mobile app store. All the apps and games are in categories, and you can easily find something by using the built-in search facility. Please choose what you want to download, tap it and download it. There is also a window that shows you the latest additions to the store.
Be aware that the app developers are not responsible for developing these mods. HappyMod is a repository for mods downloaded from the internet, and the app store users can also upload mods. You can also request specific apps or games, although there is no guarantee they will be found.
HappyMod offers lots of useful features:
- Modified Games – lots of modded game versions for many different games
- Fast and Safe – downloads are high-speed, and all the apps added to the store go through a virus test first – if they fail, they are not admitted to the store.
- Language Support – HappyMod supports many different languages, including traditional and simplified Chinese, Italian, English, Thai, and more.
- Pause and Resume – you can stop and start your downloads whenever you want to
HappyMod Errors and Fixes:
HappyMod is a stable app store but, like most apps, there are a couple of common download errors:
Problem Parsing the Package:
To download HappyMod, the APK parser reads a series of characters, symbols, and digits from the app code. If for any reason, it cannot read this string, the error is thrown. This could happen for a few reasons, including incomplete or corrupted files, incomplete download, incompatibility with your Android device, and more. None of them are hard to fix:
Method 1: Check Manifested HappyMod App APK File:
If you customized HappyMod somehow, i.e., you removed the ads, and this is the app file that gets changed. If you made any modifications to yours, try these steps:
- Find and open the HappyMod APK file.
- Find and open the xml file.
- Put it back to the default settings – the app should work now.
- The issue could also arise if you changed the original filename.
Method 2: USB Debugging
- Go to your Android settings app and scroll down to About Device.
- Find and tap Build Number seven times quickly.
- A message will appear on the screen telling you, “You are now a developer.”
- Go back to the Settings and tap the option for Developer Options.
- Enable the USB Debugging option, and you should be able to install HappyMod without error.
Method 3: File Corruption
If the error arises because the file was corrupted, all you can do is delete it from your device and reinstall it, ensuring you download from the official source. This source has been checked to ensure it is a complete download and is not corrupted.
App Not Installed
Another common error, there are several reasons why this might happen too. Start with method one below and keep going until something fixes the error.
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Open Android Settings and tap on Apps (it may be Manage Apps, depending on your Android version)
- Tap on System and then on Package Installer
- In turn, tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache*
* If you use Android 6 Marshmallow, you need to look for these options under Storage
If you still can’t get HappyMod to install, try the next method:
Method 2: Enable Unknown Sources
This is the first thing you should do when you install unofficial content.
- Open Android Settings and go to Security
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Try installing HappyMod again – it should work.
If it doesn’t, delete all instances of HappyMod from your device, keep Unknown Source enabled, and try again.
Method 3: Rooted Devices Only
If you opted to root your device, try these steps:
- Open your Android browser and download a reputable root. Explore the app
- Launch the app and copy the .apk file
- Go to System and tap on App.
- Ensure the app permissions are enabled and close Settings
- HappyMod should work now.
Method 4: Clear Space and Set Path
One of the commonest reasons why an app won’t install is because you don’t have enough space on your device. You may also be trying to install it where it doesn’t want to go. First, make some space by removing any files you no longer need, uninstalling apps you don’t use, and moving your media to alternative storage space, i.e., the cloud or an external device. If you try to install it on your SD card, you must ensure it is correctly mounted. And also, be aware that not all apps will go on an SD card as the package installer may not read the APK file.
Try HappyMod on your Android device today. It’s an alternative app store with a difference, and it could become your go-to app store.